Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review: The Savage Grace by Bree Despain

The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)The Savage Grace
Bree Despain
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Release Date: March 13, 2012

A troubled soul. An impossible choice. A final battle. 

Wrestling with the werewolf curse pulsing deep inside of her, Grace Divine was finally able to find her brother, but it nearly cost her everything. 

With her boyfriend, Daniel, stuck in wolf form and Sirhan's death approaching, time is running out for Grace to stop Caleb Kalbi and his gang of demons. If she fails, her family and hometown will perish. Everything rests on Grace's shoulders. 

The final installment in The Dark Divine trilogy brings Daniel and Grace's love story to a breathtaking conclusion.

*This review contains spoilers for the first two books. Do not read if you haven't read The Dark Divine or The Lost Saint.
I am a huge fan of this series. Huge. I will admit that it is one of my favorite series. I was really excited for The Savage Grace, the conclusion to the trilogy, yet a little dismal to see it end. even though I will miss this world, I am satisfied and pleased with this conclusion. 

A lot has happened in the world of Grace and Daniel. Both of them has grown so much. But they are still the same people I fell in love with in The Dark Divine. Grace is such a strong character. She is so loyal to those she loves, willing to do anything for them. She is still struggling with the wolf inside her, but most of that was dealt with in The Lost Saint. 

After being completely shocked by the ending of The Lost Saint, I needed to read this one. It picks up only a week after The Lost Saint ends. I will admit this one did take some time to get into. But once I did, there was no going back. There were so many twists in this. 

While I was overall satisfied by the end of this series, I felt that it wasn't completely concluded. There were still a few loose ends and unkowns. But, I think that was the point. I guess I'll just have to make my own future for Grace and Daniel. 

An epic end to an amazing series. I loved this roller coaster ride. The Savage Grace wasn't my favorite book in the series, but I am still very pleased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment